Friday, May 20, 2011

Getting Closer!

Summer has officially begun for me!  I finished up with finals this past week and left on Thursday the 19 for home.  Leaving college is always a little bittersweet for me; I love UW-Stevens Point and have made so many great memories there.  However, I'm glad to be done for a little while with tests and studying, and I'll be back in just 3 months to work again on staff in the residence halls.  And of course, ending the school year means that I'm getting closer to one thing...Summer Project!!

Coming home last night I looked through the support letters that had come in since the last time I was home, and I realized that I had reached my support goal!! Thanks to a providing God and all of you as team members, I am able to go forth on this mission trip.  I was SO overwhelmed looking through each and every card,-seeing your encouraging personal letters and your willingness to support me in this.  I've never had to do anything like this, so seeing firsthand the body of Christ come together and help each other out was astounding to me.  I can see now why the support-raising process is such a necessary preparation time because it shows God's awesome provision.

And now the process of packing and re-packing begin.  I leave on this Wednesday, the 25 with a 9:00 am flight out of Milwaukee.  I am flying with two other friends from UWSP, which is a huge blessing.  This summer will not only be different for me but my family as well.  Each member of my family will actually soon be in a different state-Curtis and Tricia in Colorado, Tim and Bailey moving to North Carolina, Dad in Ohio for work, me in South Carolina, Mom in Wisconsin, and Grant moving back to Minnesota in the fall.  Would you keep our family in your prayers as we are undergoing a lot of big changes lately?  We know that God is in control and that His plan is best; we have already seen Him providing.

God has also started providing opportunities for when I get back from project.  I have been asked to lead the women's Bible study in my residence hall next year, and I'm hoping to use what I've learned on project in this.  Campus Crusade is re-looking at ministry in the residence halls in order to make it more of a mission field and not simply an exlusive Bible-study.  I'm excited as well as nervous to take on this leadership role within the hall, but know that God will work on campus with or without my help, so I want to be a part of what He's doing.  If you would like to be praying for something specific, please pray for UW-Stevens Point--for the leaders of Campus Crusade who have such a heart for outreach, for the new look into residence halls next year, and for God to work and expand His followers there. 

I want to end with a verse that I've had up on my computer since the beginning of the year: "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men, yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end" (God's timing is perfect) -Ecclesiastes 3:11.  This verse has been so encouraging to me this year-His timing is perfect, and I'm looking forward to what lies ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment